What is your legal status upon arrival to Canada?

For families and students who fall under the categories below require either:


  • Applied for permanent residency and are in their waiting period.
  • Obtained CSQ and are waiting to become permanent residents.
  • International students at the primary and secondary levles travelling to Canada who have not applied for permanent residency.
  • Parents who have applied for and/or have obtained a temporary work permit and intend on enrolling their children in an accredited educational institution.

How can I apply for a study permit?

While there are many professionals and companies to consider,  Education Consulate assists families and students from around the world obtain various types of visas. Given that the required paperwork necessary coincides with that of the child’s educational institute of choice, EC helps make the process as smooth and least complicated as possible by including Visa services to parents and students alike.

Who is legally permitted to process these types of visas?

Families seeking visa application can either do so on their own, or alternatively, can seek a certified professional in this field. These individuals are either immigration lawyers and/or immigration consultants. Students parents who designate non-certified individuals/company can face severe consequences, as this is a highly regulated industry ensuring the upmost


protection and service. Parents who do not adhere to these guidelines can put the entirety of their file in jeopardy as well as face monetary penalties.

How long does it take to acquire a visitor visa and/or study permit?

On average, it can take anywhere between 2-5 months to be issued either a visitor visa and/or a study permit. This is dependent on the specific time of year you’ve applied, as well as the wait times associated to your country of origin. Families who wish to enroll their children into an accredited academic institution for the 2021/2022 school year are advised to begin the process 1 year to 6 months in advance. Families who apply last minute (2-3 months before the school start date) are likely to not be issued the visas in the proper timeframe. Given the policies of the schools, as well as spacing availabilities, schools may choose to postpone start dates to the year following with any students who are not on time to begin the program.

How much does it cost to process a study permit and/or visitor visa?

On average, the market price can range between $2, 200 and $3, 500 CAD to process study permits. These fees vary in regard to the company and/or individual you have chosen to oversee your file. Visitor Visas range between $700 – $1, 500 CAD.

What benefits do I have by applying through EC?

With our visa processing service students simply continue on through to the next phase once school admissions has been finalized. Because most of the documents have already been obtained, we save families time and the complication of coordinating with separate entities for a number of services. Inclusive in our bundle package is the following:

  • Consultations both on education and Visa by professionals in the field.
  • School Placement service including interview, entrance exam, acceptance letter and registration.
  • Personalized link to the school of choice for 1 year. This provides families priority service throughout the academic school year with any needs they may have such as reaching key personnel, fast access to teachers, staff, and appointments. Assist in communications, academic reports, school policies and/or any unforeseen events that may arise.
  • Applicable discount on various academic courses including Online ESL, Online FSL, Preparatory Summer courses, Homestay Program)

How can I get started?

If you would like to get more information or apply for a student permit or visitor visa, please click here, submit your form and we will contact you in 24 hours time.


    Begin Online Admissions
    Student Information

    Applying For

    Public SchoolPrivate SchoolExplore Options

    Legal status upon entry to canada

    International StudentCSQ HolderPermanent ResidentOther